NOPCO - Orthotist
Orthotist at NOPCO
Reports To: Vice President - NOPCO Clinics
Provides care to patients with disabling conditions of limbs and spine by fitting/preparing orthopedic braces under the direction of, and in consultation with, physicians by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Examine, interview, and measure patients to determine their appliance needs; identify factors affecting appliance fit.
• Fit, test, and evaluate devices on patients; make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
• Instruct patients in the use and care of orthoses/prostheses.
• Design orthopedic devices, based on physicians' prescriptions and examination/measurement of patients.
• Maintain patients' records.
• Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with orthoses, for use in the device construction process.
• Select materials and components to be used based on device design.
• Confer with physicians to formulate specifications and prescriptions for orthopedic devices.
• Repair, rebuild, and modify orthopedic appliances.
• Construct and fabricate appliances, or direct others constructing the appliances.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
ABC Board Certification
To help maintain the highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted from recruiters or contractors in our clinic locations. Please direct all inquiries to our Human Resources Department:
Fax: (508) 588-0749
Return to Career Opportunities Homepage